Spoke to the publisher of the small company I've been inking for tonight. Seems as if there might be some misunderstanding between this fella and the big publisher. Small publisher insists that he's had several PM and e-mail conversations with big publisher. He's slightly distressed that he's not made a bigger/better impression. Eh, I'm happy. Air feels as if it's cleared between us and I got paid for my inking invoice almost immediately. As I stated previous, all of the business aspects of this relationship have been great. Nothing looks like that's gonna change. All is back to status quo for me. I'm inking a pin-up piece by the artist set to follow the current artist on the series I'm working on for the small publisher. Said new artist is Jim Kyle (JKyle72 or something from Digital Webbing). Once that's completed, it's back to the inking board for more sequentials on the book.
I also got in touch with a solid supporter and pro named Tony 'Ugly Knuckles' Bledsoe about my inks. http://uglyknuckles.com/ Sent him some inks for critique. He gave me a thorough and very thought-provoking critique on some of my earlier work on the same book I'm working on now. Also, told me that he thinks I'm coming along fine. Even said that he's had to turn down some inking due to the pay or that he's too busy. Told me that he might suggest me for some of that if it comes his way again. I told him that'd be fine and thanked him. You'd never know to look at this guy - large bald guy with tattoos, looks like a biker - but he's one of the most helpful, supportive guys I've had the good fortune to run into over the internet. Also has a great-looking book called Frankenstein coming out from Dead Dog Entertainment. http://deaddogcomics.proboards34.com Pencils are by Jerry Beck and I'm jealous of Tony gettin' to ink 'em. Solid as they come, this fella is.
That's about it for right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment