Missed a day or so. My bad. Not like it really matters anywho. As for today, not much else happening. I've been inking a page a day in trying to get caught up and to increase my speed etc. I'm having a crisis of style. I really like using the brush to ink but am seeing the benefits of the quill and a french curve for those perfect-looking lines. The other thing is, I really like how crisp the lines look but I think that they're probably too fine to reproduce anyway. Oh well, I'll work it out and probably keep doing as I have been moreso lately - inking the farther away items with the quill (not as much lineweight needed) and the nearer things with the brush (better lineweight for me).
I started prepping a page for the Kord & Harley 2nd issue and I've become very discouraged. I've been flying with these pages but, pages 1 and 2 just came in (they had to be re-done). Page 1 is really problem for me. The script is followed pretty loosely and the final panel is supposed to depict a crosswalk. It really doesn't. There is a violation of the 180 degree rule from panels 2 to 3 and then, to top that all off, there's a tangent in them too. *sigh* Nothing to get worked up over but it's killed my inking mood. I'm gonna stop for tonight and start back tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment